Monday, June 21, 2010

Road To Lavasa





This trip had many encouraging reasons: - The time was ripe, the rain gods were happy; Bike was in good form, the rear Michelin M45 was up roaring to be tested. I was dying to get a break from the custom life and nothing more revitalizes me as a bike ride during rainy season.

As planned we started from our places at 6 am. I have always considered that the road to lavasa is always a dream come true for bikers so when it came to start the biking calendar of this year the inaugural ride was bound to be to Lavasa.

I always try and induce people that I am quite an outdoor person, when deep down inside I have always known that am not much in visiting places I only like reaching to places (using my bike of course) and once reached I just cant wait to start my return journey. Whatever goes in between is a real pain to me.


It was not the first time I was covering the road to Lavasa (though had done it solo earlier) but I felt I was a bit swifter this time. The roads were heaven and an early start meant less traffic and we were easily touching 80-85 on quite a few times. There was a drizzle which was even more lavishing than the entry loops of the Lavasa road. There were some small villages along the road which made the road even more beautiful. The locals of the villages were a little too eager and loved being clicked.


Sharma ji posing with one of the local villager


Hot Wada pav in mystic and foggy whether at the gates of lavasa made me much more determined to come and cover this road at least one more time this season. The mood is set, just hoping to cover a lot more trips this rainy season.

4 comments:

  1. Bade bhai.. great narration and great pics...

    Sharma ji cha gaye as always.. keep it up... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have covered many places with my bike like Mumbai, Alibaugh,Lonavala,Mulshi etc
    but lavasa trip was a Breathtaking experience for me.
    Most of the credit goes to Pranayji who made the blue print of our journey.
    The roads were so Fluent that anybody can fall in love with them.
    Viridity everywhere,drizzling,fogs and the clouds were so close that we could hear them enchanting.
    I'll nvr ever forget my first lavasa trip.Last but not the least i am very thankful to Pranayji for adding such a wonderful moments in my life.
    And i am also thankful to Swapnil,Pathak and Punit ,our companion for march.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was not my first ride on bike. I had visited Mahabaleshwar, Shirdi, Nasik, Lonavala etc (to enlist few). but this ride was the best as we started before cock gives first hook. We reached Lavasa city after experiencing plane, curvy road. Some water droplets made us wet in between.
    The place is worth visiting and I will visit again this place in this rainy season...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kashmir fail hai bhai........ek number jagah hai...dharti par kahi swarg hai .toh yahi hai x 3

    ReplyDelete